dimanche 23 décembre 2012

Superman, A Mynah Dilemma

Artist Maxime Rossi contacted me because he wanted to relate his own project around a mynah with a Clark Kent story from the 70's: Clark Kent's Mynah Dilemma ( in Superman Family 197). He asked me to create a page which could be inserted inside the story.

We've discussed the story, add a few in-jokes, and here I go. The prelim was very loose, since I was in charge of everything, I didn't have to be explicit for an other person.

On another hand, my pencil was tight, even if I was inking it.


After that experience, Maxime wanted two more pages. So I've come up with an alternate story (same beginning, different ending).

Actually, I've drawn only 2/3 of the page, and resize the remaining part.

For now, the colors are not done yet. Someday....

And the other was a full page, added at the end of the story in the comics: My idea was that Clark Kent was trying to learn again the mynah to say the words that he made him forget. here are the two options that I've had proposed.
 

I've done the colors in a rush, because the page was to be shown at an exhibition in Paris. I wanted an obsessive feel in Clark Kent's inner monologue.

Maxime presented it as a silk screen print on a wall of the art gallery, devoid of some layer and with another text.

The piece is 140cmx90cm, printed directly on the wall. It's trange to see his own art becoming something else. But I've liked the result. (Galerie Alain Gutharc - 7 rue Saint-Claude - 75003 PARIS)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire