lundi 17 décembre 2012

Galactus, Step-by-Step.

A friend of mine gave me some paper board from Marvel Comics, so I've tried them with this character. I love Galactus' design.
I did the pencil on a separate sheet though.

And inked it on the board with my Pitt pens. I think there was a long time that I haven't really inked a piece. At that time, I was mostly cleaning-up with a pencil through a boxlight. Since this one, I don't do it anymore. Here is the result, devoid of the Marvel template.

I've messed up the background a bit while inking (I'm very anal with my inking), so I've done it on computer. I've redone the background on the board since and this one is for sale. Below is the computer version.

I have a monochromatic eye for illustration. I've chosen a violet/purple tonality for the piece.

Nothing fancy, flat colors.

Then I go for the shadows, on a separate layer. Mostly, I use the same color for the whole shadows, using a lot of selections.

And on another separate layer, the lights. Actually, I do shadows and lights at the same time.

Then I add FX, using the different blend of the layers. Some layers are over the lines, some under.

And voilà!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire